Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Beer Butt Chicken


Here is another post I had on my old blog. Also, I read a few of my old post and realized my blogs are all over the place. My goal this week is to work on my writing for my post... Or just omitting the writing and sticking to recipes and pictures. We will see what happens!!

Chicken likes beer too...


Chicken ready for the grill. I was limited on beer selection, but it turned out amazing. 


Chicken on the grill. 


The best part of the chicken... crispy skin. Yummy!


Brussels Sprouts and Onions cooked in Bacon fat. 


Serving plate. 



Beer Butt Chicken
  • Whole Chicken
  • 1/2 Can Beer (I cut the top off the can)
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 1 Jalapeño
  • 2 Tbsp Butter
  • Creole Seasoning (optional)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste 
  • Brussels Sprouts (See Recipe)
  1. Place can with wheat (I would not use a fruity wheat for this recipe) or lager beer in center of a beer butt chicken rack. 
  2. Stuff chicken with onion and jalapeño. I stuff the inside cavity and between skin and meat for extra flavor. 
  3. Mix butter, creole, salt, and pepper together and rub on skin and in between skin and meat of chicken.
  4. Place on grill on medium heat. 
  5. Depending on size of chicken cook until juice runs clear. (My 4 lb chicken took an hour)
  6. Let rest 10 minutes and remove from rack.   
  7. Serve with brussels sprouts and brown rice.   

 Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
  • 12 oz Brussels Sprouts
  • 1/4 large onion
  • 2 slice center cut bacon
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  1. Slice bacon and cook in a pan until crisp. 
  2. Remove bacon on to paper towels to remove extra oil and remove all but one Tbsp bacon grease from pan. 
  3. Add Brussels Sprouts and onions to pan and cook until tender. 
  4. Add bacon to  pan and heat through.  

Calories
One Serving: 4 oz Chicken, 6 Brussels Sprouts, and 1/2 cup Brown Rice 340 Calories. 
4 oz Chicken: 180 calories
6 Brussels Sprouts: 50 calories
1/2 cup Rice: 108 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...