Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bet you can't guess what we had for dinner...

If you read this blog often, you should know the answer to that question. TACOS!!! We are taco eating people around here if you haven't noticed. Tonight, I used the leftover taco meat from yesterday to make a taco salad. I original mixed everything together in a bowl, but quickly ran out of room and had to up grade to a much larger bowl. I crushed up 5 tortillas chips and added turkey, cheese, corn, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, salsa, homemade guacamole and lots of lettuce.


This is my new favorite way to have tacos. I was able to incorporated a lot more vegetables this way.

For my Guacamole, I used a Florida Avocado. They have less fat and calories then other avocados, so I didn't feel bad eating an extra serving or two.

Guacamole

  • 1/2 Florida Avocado (or two Haas Avocados) 
  • 1 Roma Tomato- Chopped
  • 2 Tbsp Onion- Finely Chopped
  • 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
  • 1 Tbsp Cilantro- Finely Chopped
    • Add all ingredients to bowl. 
    • Using a fork, smash all ingredients together.
      • Enjoy!!    
I waited a while to add the lime juice to my guacamole, and it had a brown look to it. This is why I did not take a close up picture of just the guacamole. It tasted really good though. 

Today, we went to Miami for Huck to look at two jobs. Every time we drive to Miami, I always think of the song by Will Smith's, Welcome to Miami. It was stuck in my head all day. 

Wedding Ideas

I also have been spending way to much time thinking about our wedding. I pretty sure I know what date we would like to get married (I'll tell everyone when we are 100% sure), but I really do not know where I would like to have the wedding. Vegas would be fun, but I do not want anyone to be mad because they can not come. I also looked at cruises for everyone to go on with the really good deals right now, but I will not have a beach wedding. 

     1.    Does anyone have any ideas for non beach weddings locations? 
     2.    Do you have any advise for Vegas weddings? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...