Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Just one of those days...

Welcome to another WIAW Veggie Edition.




Breakfast

This morning started with a fruit and yogurt parfait. I used my homemade granola bars for added crunch in my parfaits.

Homemade Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola Bars 
              Recipe Adapted from Taste of Home
  • 1/4 Cup Crunch Peanut Butter
  • 2.5 Tbsp Honey
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 
  • 1 3/4 Cup Old-Fashion Oats
  • 1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
  • Pinch of Salt
  • 2 Tbsp Mini Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 Cup Golden Raisins 
    • Preheat oven to 350. 
    • In a bowl, combine Peanut Butter, Honey, Egg, Oil, and Vanilla. 
    • In another bowl, combine Oats, Sugar, and Salt.
    • Add wet ingredients into oat mixture. Combine fully. 
    • Add chocolate chips an raisins and combine. 
    • Place mixture in a greased baking dish. (I used a 9x9 with foil for easy removal from pan)
    • Bake for 12-15 minutes. 
    • Cool and store in an airtight container. 
I like my granola bars crunchy, so I think next time I will cook them a few extra minutes. 

This recipe makes 8 average size bars. Each less than 200 calories. Can't beat that!!  

Other half of my granola bar. 

I crumbled 1/2 of a granola bar in with a bowl with Chobani Champions Greek Yogurt (The Honey-Nana flavor) and sliced strawberries. 


I really like most Chobani flavors, but Honey-Nana is not one of them. Guess, I will be sticking with the grown up versions for now :)



Lunch

Lunch was a hodgepodge of leftovers from Cartina Laredo. I had a stuffed jalapeno, pork taco, chicken quesadillas, and a steak and shrimp skewer. I also enjoyed a much needed Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. 

Crappy camera phone!

Dinner
Today is one of the rare days I do not feel like cooking dinner. I may not cook really big meals every night, but I hardly ever do not want to cook anything. It is a lay on the couch and watch TV kind of day.

For dinner, I cooked a frozen pizza and added extra peppers and onion. I served my pizza with a salad with Italian Dressing. 


This dressing was really good and only 45 calories for 2 Tbsp. 

2 comments:

  1. Everyone's been raving about Chobani's yogurt! :D Too bad I can't get 'em here in Melbourne!
    Lovely eats! Plenty of veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chobani is the only yogurt I like! I seen it on a lot of food blogs too and tried it.

    I have always wanted to visit Australia. One day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...