Sunday, March 11, 2012

First Beer Competition

Who has two thumbs and won his first beer competition..

THIS GUY! 

Huck entered his first competition at Beer Depot in West Palm Beach. He entered his Imperial Wheat, brewed with Pineapple, Tangelo, Orange. We set up our area and people started walking around to try our stuff. Huck started pouring the beer and explaining what it was. As he was pouring, I noticed his hands were shaking and asked if he was nervous or something. He looked at me and said "Yes and I don't know why." It was so cute. 

I told him I would take over pouring and he could go sample some beers. I think I did a pretty good job of describing the beer and answering questions about it. Me and Huck were both really excited with the number of people that came back to have more or came up and said "I was told I had to try this one".  

Shout out to Seventh Sun Brewing and Turtle Creek
This bag protected my butt all day. It started to get really windy and it keep my dress from blowing up. 


There was about 10 beers in the "Other" category. I tried all of them and Huck's was my favorite (Not being bias). When they announced the winner, they said 1st place was the winner by a "Landslide"!!

Huck was like a little kid. He had a smile from ear to ear! 



It started raining around 3 today and did not stop until we were about to leave. Luckily they had a tent setup. Other than the rain, it was a great day. 

I tried lots of different beers that I enjoyed, and lots that I didn't! We also met a few people that live in our area. One of the guys we met lives in the neighborhood right next to ours. 

Dinner

On the way home, we stopped at Costello's Trattoria for dinner. We ordered the large Sicilian Meat Lovers. Large is an understatement!! 


We didn't even eat a quarter of this pie! Lots of leftovers. 

I'm really proud of us. My first published article came out this week, and Huck won his beer competition. Not a bad week if you ask me! 

Now time for bed! I'm so tired, and we are getting up early to go to the gym before I go to work. I'm not a morning person, so this is going to be hard! 

1 comment:

  1. im so proud of the two of you!! i hate that your so far away but this is looking to be a great start with a new life... i love yall both congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...