Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Quinoa Risotto


My WIAW isn't very green, but it was really good!

Breakfast this morning, was a ham, cheese, and green bell pepper omelet. 

You can find my Swiss Chard and Turkey Bacon omelet recipe here.

Lunch was provided by another Drug Rep. We ordered from The Cheesecake Factory. I originally ordered the Herb Crusted Salmon off the Skinnylicious menu, but they sent me the Lunch Herb Crusted Salmon. It came with smashed potatoes, asparagus, and a lemon sauce. Not very skinny.
  

I tried to be good by ordering something healthy for my meal because I ordered the Reese's Cheese Cake for my "small" dessert! Really, who can eat a whole slice of this?? Four bites later I was done.
Some of the ladies ordered Strawberries and Whip Cream as a lighter dessert. Real whip cream really is the best! I would have been happier with that.

After going to the gym and a quick run, I started dinner. 


I roasted chicken legs with salt, pepper, and ground red pepper. The chicken was served with Quinoa Risotto and Roasted Veggies. 

Quinoa "Risotto"
  • 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 Garlic Cloves- Minced
  • 1/4 Cup Onion- Minced
  • 1 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
  • 2 Cups Chicken Stock
  • 1/2 Cup White Wine
  • 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese- Grated
  • 2 Tbsp Parsley- Chopped
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
    • Heat chicken stock in a pot on low heat.
    • Heat oil over medium to medium low heat. 
    • Add garlic and onions to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes. 
    • Stir in quinoa and coat with oil. Add wine and one ladle of stock to pan. 
    • Stir and add more warm stock as needed. 
    • Continue adding stock a few ladles at a time. 
    • Cook for 15-20 minutes. 
    • Add Parmesan and Parsley and serve. 
This isn't a traditional Risotto. It did not have the creaminess like a rice risotto does, but it had all the flavor. Plus lots of additional nutritional value.   

Roasted Veggies
  • 1 lb Veggies of choice (I used Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, and Mushrooms)
  • 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
    • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
    • Mix together veggies, oil, and seasoning. 
    • Lay on a baking sheet in a single layer. 
    • Bake for 10 minutes and serve. 



And that is WIAW. Every meal had some green it it! Everything but the Cheesecake :)

After dinner me and Huck did an experiment. With all the pictures on Facebook, we had to try the broom trick ourselves. Crazy right? 


 

1 comment:

  1. Wow that Reese's cheesecake looks amazing!!! I definitely could not eat a whole slice, though...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...