Friday, March 23, 2012

The story of how we met... Part 2.

If you missed the beginning of how we met Click Here.

Last night, I left off with us exchanging numbers. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I probably wouldn't have called, but 4 years ago today, I spent the whole day laying around, bored, so I thought "I'll text the guy from last night!"

I was surprised when a few minutes later, I had a text. He said he was working in the yard and wanted to know if he could call me later. "People call each other" Who knew!

Our first phone call was about an hour long. The whole time he didn't know my name. Later, I learned the next morning he was asking everyone if they knew my name or if he gave me his number. He didn't think I would ever call.

I'll go into the details of our first date on Monday.

I would like to thank Jake for wanting to go to Wild Wing for his 21st Birthday, Josh for spilling beer all over Chelsey, Bud Light for Huck's liquid courage, and my sexy Pink Heels :)


When I got off work today, I stopped at Barnes and Noble to find something for Huck and then walked to Total Wine for him a bottle of beer. I walked up the area with the 22's and instantly knew which one to get.


We watch Diners Drive-Ins and Dives and always talk about going to some of the restaurants, so I thought he would enjoy the book. From the look on his face, I think he does!

I'm really excited to try the beer! Really Beer and Bacon! How can you go wrong??

For dinner, Huck found a recipe for Pineapple and Teriyaki Swordfish. He bought all the ingredients and had it marinating when I got home. I bought some Bok Choy and Sugar Snap Peas to cook with it.

Quinoa Fried "Rice"
Adapted from Peas and Crayons

  • 1 Cup Quinoa
  • 1 1/2 Cup Water
  • 2 Cloves Garlic
  • 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce or 2 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
  • 2 Handfuls Sugar Snap Peas
  • 1 Red or Orange Bell Pepper- Chopped
  • 2 Tbsp Real Bacon Pieces
  • 1 Egg
  • Cooking Spray
    • Mix together Quinoa and water in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cover. 
    • Cook for 15 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with fork. 
    • Saute Peas, Garlic Pepper, Onion, and Bacon together. 
    • Remove veggies and spray with cooking spray Scramble egg in pan and add veggies and quinoa back to pan. 
    • Mix in Soy or Teriyaki sauce and serve.  
 Quinoa is pronounced Keen-Wahh. It is a really get alternative to rice.


I sauteed the Bok Choy with some olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Prefect. 

He was giving me the details of how he made the fish. He mixed together teriyaki and pineapples together and marinated the swordfish in the mixture. He cooked them on the grill and splashed a little fresh orange and sesame seeds on right before serving. 
 He decided to enjoy our dinner out by the grills. We ate "out"!


All three things together were amazing!! I'm not sure what was my favorite. 
I bought the quinoa from Whole Foods a few days ago. I just scooped some out from the bin and it was exactly 1 cup! I'm that good!!


It isn't expensive either. A cup cost about a $1.

Dinner was great. I am really impressed with Huck. He came up with something different all on his own. He surprises me daily!

Tomorrow we are off to Hollywood so time for bed! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...